- Grand and cosy residence in Amsterdam Zuid (gross surface area 207 sq.m.)
- Exceptional distance to neighbours front and back
- Three floors with 3 balconies and sunny terrace
- Centrally located in Rivierenbuurt
- Fourth floor can be used:
- as a guest house
- as a (home) office
- for kids who want to live on themselves (and not)
- as a separate rental apartment
This exceptional amount of space in this neighbourhood offers numerous opportunities. A unique feature is that the staircase is in full ownership right from the front door.
The property can be used as a large family home, with two bathrooms and five to six bedrooms.
Private entrance from the ground floor. First floor, staircase to second floor, entrance, foyer with meter cupboard, separate toilet, very spacious and bright dual-aspect living room with a bay window at the front and attractive original sliding doors, dining room featuring two integrated cupboards at the rear with French doors leading to the east-facing balcony.
The kitchen (new in 2018) is located at the rear and again features French doors leading to the east-facing balcony.
Internal stairs or staircase (also private) to the second floor, spacious landing with access to the bedroom at the rear, with French doors leading to the second balcony. Very spacious second bedroom at the front with a small balcony and walk-in wardrobe. The bathroom is at the rear and features a bathtub, washbasin and toilet.
Private staircase leading to the third floor, featuring bathroom and two bedrooms.
- The fourth floor can be used as a completely self-sufficient apartment with its own entrance, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room with east-facing terrace of 8 sq. m. In the summer, the terrace has around 15 hours of sun. Because of its height, the terrace offers plenty of privacy and peace and quiet. The view towards the tower around Amstel station is particularly attractive, providing a metropolitan look and feel. Because of the high ceiling and large skylights, the fourth floor is very light and airy.
- It is possible to use the space on the third floor, where there is now a second staircase, to create an additional room if the occupants wish to use the property as a three-storey maisonette.
- An extra room can be created in the living room by reinstating the wall between the former side room at the front.
- The current walk-in-closet can be used as a kid’s/baby room.
- It can also be divided into a duplex apartment on the second and third floor, with a self-contained apartment with its own entrance on the fourth floor that can be let out separately. This floor can also serve as guest accommodation, home office/practice or to accommodate older children who wish to live semi-independently.
- Another option for an investor would be simply to divide the house into three separate floors, each with its own entrance, enabling it to be split into three living areas with only slight modification. This would create a two-bedroom apartment with a balcony on the first floor, a two-bedroom apartment with two balconies on the second floor and a one-bedroom apartment with a roof terrace on the fourth floor. The electronic door opener is already prepared for this: each floor has its own bell with independent door opener.
This property, featuring a south-facing living room that is bathed in light during the day, is perfectly located in a quiet, cozy street in the popular Rivierenbuurt, close to the Martin Luther Kingpark, the Amstel and the Rijnstraat. On the odd-numbered side, De Vechtstraat has a wide pavement, with a public garden area in front of the houses. De Rijnstraat offers a wide range of different shops. De Pijp is within cycling distance and features the distinctive Albert Cuyp market, Van Woustraat and Ceintuurbaan. A few minutes’ walk will also bring you to fashionable Maasstraat.
The property has great road connections: the A1, A2 and A10 are only minutes away. Amstel railway station is within walking distance of the property and RAI station and Europaplein metro station are a five-minute cycle ride away. A tennis club, several rowing clubs, restaurants and a great jogging route along the Amstel are all within a short walking distance of this apartment.
Parking is almost always possible right outside, unusual for Amsterdam. Just over the Utrechtse bridge, a five-minute cycle ride away, next to the Mercure hotel, you can park for free after 19.00 and at weekends and pay just € 0.10 for the first three hours. A very practical option for households with two cars.
At a glance:
- Gross floor area 207 sq. m., living area 162.3 sq. m. (measurement report available);
- Built in 1934;
- Three-storey maisonette with numerous possibilities;
- New kitchen plus downpipe in 2018;
- Central heating boiler (2017) has an automatic air vent and dirt separator, reducing consumption costs and preventing faults;
- Service costs approx. € 125 per month;
- The homeowners association covers numbers 89 to 103;
- Well-organised homeowners association with a professional manager;
- Maintenance Plan and House Rules in place;
- External paintwork completed in 2018;
- Tiled roof to be replaced this year, more than sufficient reserves available for this;
- Ground rent prepaid until 2059;
- Until the end of 2019, purchase of lease in perpetuity possible with 35% discount for approx. € 30,000;
- Transfer subject to agreement, short term possible.
All in all, a unique property offering very many possibilities. Call our office to make an appointment. We will be pleased to show you around.
This information has been compiled with due care and attention by our office. However, we cannot accept liability for any omissions or inaccuracies, or the consequences thereof. All sizes and dimensions are indicative. The buyer remains responsible for verifying all matters that are of importance to him/her. Our office is the real estate agency for the vendor of this property. We advise you to approach an NVM/MVA real estate agent to assist you with their expertise during purchasing. If you choose not to make use of professional guidance, this is deemed to mean that you consider your legal expertise sufficient to handle all associated matters. The General Conditions for Consumers of the NVM are applicable.